Wednesday 16 November 2016

Is Sport Sexist?

Is Sport Sexist?

In rugby the captain of the All Blacks team is Kieran Reed. Kieran Reed is 31 years old and is captain of the All Blacks. The All Blacks team is New Zealand’s National rugby union team. The captain of the Black Ferns is Fiao'o Fa'amausili. She is now a police officer in Auckland.

The most popular sport in my family would be rugby, touch & netball. Rugby is popular in my family because my dad played rugby throughout his whole teenage years and now he does not play rugby but my brother plays rugby now and is gonna carry on my dad’s rugby and touch journey. My mum was famous for playing netball in Tonga but has now retired from netball ever since she moved to New Zealand. We watch these sports on television also and we also play online games about these sports.

Sexism means when someone is discriminating someone typically against women on the basis of sex. I am not really aware of sexism in sports because i’m not really sure if sexism is in every sport. Mostly men's sport are on television than the women's sports are because some people think that men’s sport are more entertaining than the women’s sports are. I think that it’s just not fair because only the women’s netball games come on television either then women’s rugby and women’s other sports. I think that women’s sport should be on t.v for people to watch and to be entertained by women’s sport.

I don’t think that there are any sports that are sexist to men only to women because most sports that men play aren’t really sexist.

There are many sports in the world but some sports are sexist to women. Football is sexist towards females because many females have been sexually harassed in football. In netball is says that netball must be the most sexist sport on the planet. There is also sexist in tennis and a lot of people say that the sexist in tennis needs to stop. I think that rugby is sexist to women because they get touched every time they get tackled.

I think that netball is sexist to men because they do get touched oftenly just like in rugby when they get tackled they are also being touched by another person. I also think that netball is sexist because some people get sexually harassed by others when trying to get the ball they sometimes get touched by the other person.

WALT: Reflect on the task we did for reading.

Today our class read an article about sexism in sports. Sexism in sports happens oftenly in rugby because you get touched when you get tackled by the other team. I learnt that there can be sexism in many sports and I also learnt what sexism means. Something that I found challenging in this task was trying to found out what sports were sexist to men because there aren’t really any sports that are sexist to men. My understanding of this task was that we had to figure out if sports were sexist. Sexist is when you're sexually being harassed by someone else or when someone is discriminating you typically womens. I know that I have learnt something new about sexist because I haven’t really had the thought of sexism in sports.




No comments:

Post a Comment